University of Maryland
Online Media Credentials Manager
Thank you for your interest in the University of Maryland Athletics. This site is intended for use by members of the media only.
University of Maryland ICA Media Credentials Policy
The University of Maryland issues media credentials under the priorities listed below. These priorities are designed to achieve efficient use of limited space available for working members of the media at University of Maryland intercollegiate athletic events.
The University of Maryland Athletics media relations office is responsible for administering this policy. Credential requests must be made by sports editors or sports directors no later than five days prior to an event by clicking the above link. For more information, contact Dustin Semonavick at (757) 544-8393 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org for football requests.
- Originating radio and television personnel involved in a live television or radio broadcast of a University of Maryland intercollegiate athletic competition.
- Daily newspapers, wire services, and regional and national publications that regularly and substantially report on University of Maryland intercollegiate athletics.
- Non-originating radio and television personnel producing reports on a University of Maryland intercollegiate athletic competition. Only local radio stations with a full-time sports director conducting a regular and substantial sports show reporting on University of Maryland intercollegiate athletics receive consideration for credentials.
- Officially recognized University of Maryland daily student publications and daily student electronic media outlets that regularly and substantially report on University of Maryland intercollegiate athletics.
- Official websites of Atlantic Coast Conference schools, non-conference opponents, and the Atlantic Coast Conference office.
- Non-daily newspapers or publications that regularly and substantially report on University of Maryland intercollegiate athletics.
- Online entities that meet the requirements set out in guideline number 7, below.
- Season media credentials are issued to those organizations that report on University of Maryland intercollegiate athletics on a regular and substantial basis, as outlined above. Issuance of season media credentials does not guarantee working space in media work areas.
- With the exception of Terrapin beat reporters reporting on the team on a daily basis and producing daily reports, all passes are approved and issued on a game-by-game basis.
- Except as otherwise provided for in this policy, all passes and credentials are transferable within the same media outlet for use by those serving an editorial function. Passes used by any member of a credentialed outlet without specific editorial assignment or by non-working members of the organization are subject to revocation upon University request.
- Due to limited space and to ensure compliance with NCAA guidelines, credentials will not be issued to "free-lance" writers or photographers without a specific assignment received in writing by the assigning organization.
- The University of Maryland and the NCAA prohibit the issuance of credentials to representatives of an organization that regularly publishes gambling information, such as "tout sheets" or "tip sheets". The University of Maryland will not issue credentials to organizations whose primary function is to deliver news related to the recruitment of student-athletes.
- No credentials will be issued to individuals under the age of 18. Admission to media facilities are for working media only.
- Credentials may be issued:
- to online entities that are affiliated with a national or regional media organization; or,
- to online entities that host a website that regularly and substantially reports on University of Maryland intercollegiate athletics, and employs for that University of Maryland-dedicated website at least one full-time permanent employee who writes a substantial majority of all material posted on the site, and that registers a minimum of 20,000 legitimate unique users per month in each of the past 12 months.
- University personnel may deny or revoke credentials without notice and an individual shall surrender his/her credential upon request for: noncompliance with the priorities or guidelines set out in this policy; noncompliance with health, safety, or security directives issued regarding University athletic events; violations of University, Department of Intercollegiate Athletics, NCAA, or ACC policies; and for conduct for which there are reasonable grounds to believe violate state or federal law, or constitute a breach of professional ethics. Any organization that wishes to contest a denial or revocation shall: a) request the Media Relations Office provide a written rationale for the denial or revocation; b) submit a written response to that rationale to the Associate Athletic Director for Media Relations. After reviewing the response, the Associate Athletic Director for Media Relations, in consultation with appropriate University officials, shall issue a decision to uphold or reverse the denial or revocation. The Associate Athletic Director's decision shall be final.
- The University of Maryland Athletics Media Relations Office reserves the right to change this policy at any time. The latest version will be available online at www.umterps.com.
An online entity that meets the requirements of either 7.a) or 7.b) and which sponsors message boards or chat rooms may be credentialed only if the entity enforces its policies regarding abusive or discriminatory material.
Credential requests must be made by sports editors or sports directors online via this web site no later than five days prior to an event.
Credentials will be mailed whenever possible, may be picked up at the Athletics Media Relations Office during business hours, or picked up on gameday at Media Will Call at (football) Gate I at the south gates of Capital One Bank Field at Byrd Stadium; or at (basketball) Gate C of Comcast Center, located inside the ground-level entrance at the south side of the arena, closest to campus. Credentials will be sent overnight (FedEx only) at the expense of the requesting outlet. Please note that we are unable to provide parking when the preferred means of credential pickup is at Will Call.
All persons picking up credentials will be required to furnish positive identification.
|Event Name||Open Date||Close Date|
|2016 Maryland Terrapin Football Season||07/14/2016||11/27/2016|